Are you a healthcare assistant looking for a new, highly rewarding challenge?
We are recruiting to a number of senior HCA roles at Wotton Lawn Hospital, Charlton Lane Hospital and our Staff Bank.
You will be working within highly motivated multi-disciplinary teams, with supervision from qualified staff, to enable you to deliver excellent patient care.
An essential part of your role will be to observe, report and record changes in service users’ behaviour as well as their physical and mental health. You will at times need to assist with personal care and activities of daily living.
We provide a service to our patients 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and so we are looking for flexible people to cover shifts, as part of a rota, throughout the week at varying times of the day.
In return for your commitment we will provide a comprehensive induction programme which will ensure that you feel fully supported and have the right tools to undertake this challenging but rewarding job.
Wotton Lawn Hospital
Wotton Lawn Hospital provides inpatient assessment and treatment for working age adults with mental health needs assessed as requiring this level of intervention.
The hospital consists of 4 locality based acute wards:
- Dean Ward – a 15 bed female only ward serving the Cheltenham and Forest of Dean localities
- Kingsholm Ward – a 15 bed male only ward serving the Cheltenham and the Forest of Dean localities
- Abbey Ward – a 18 bed mixed ward serving the Stroud and Cirencester locality
- Priory Ward – a 18 bed mixed ward serving the Gloucester locality.
In addition Wotton Lawn Hospital has:
- The Greyfriars Unit – a 10 bed psychiatric intensive care unit
- Montpellier Unit – a 12 bed male low secure unit as part of the Southwest secure estate.
The peripatetic team is a team of healthcare assistants who will work flexibly across these 6 areas of Wotton Lawn Hospital as required.
Charlton Lane Hospital
Charlton Lane Hospital is a modern, purpose built, 48 bedded inpatient hospital which provides inpatient assessment and care for mental health service users requiring hospital admission for treatment across 3 in-patient wards:
- Chestnut Ward – a 14 bed ward for older age adults who have a functional mental illness
- Mulberry ward – an 18 bed ward for older age adults who have a functional mental illness
- Willow Ward – a 16 bed ward for predominantly older adults with an organic mental illness.
The peripatetic team is a team of healthcare assistants who will work flexibly across the 3 wards in Charlton Lane Hospital as required.
The interview and assessment day will be on 4th September 2019 at the Jury’s Inn, Gloucester Road, Cheltenham.